Designers - "Designer Show House 2018"
After an 11-year hiatus, we are excited to again be apart of the Junior League of Pittsburgh’s Designers’ Show House.
Submit a proposal to be part of the design team for the 2018 Designers’ Show House.
The Junior League of Pittsburgh will host three open houses to give interested designers the opportunity to tour the Show House and view available design spaces.
The Show House
The 2018 Designers’ Show House will be open to the public May 4-20, 2018. The home is located at 1300 Wood St., Wilkinsburg, PA 15221. The Show House features more than 25 rooms and significant outdoor/green space.
Designers are responsible for all work done in assigned spaces, including putting the rooms back in their original state if requested by the homeowner and/or the Junior League of Pittsburgh. The League will work with designers to assist in their efforts; however, as this event is a fundraiser with all proceeds benefiting the League’s mission, all expenses related to design, installation and (if needed) restoration of the space to its original state are the sole responsibility of each designer.
All space designs must be completed NO LATER THAN the evening of Monday, April 30, 2018. Participation in this event will provide each designer with the opportunity to showcase his or her design style to an estimated 3,000-4,000 attendees. Designer participation includes, but is not limited to, the following marketing opportunities:
- Media exposure facilitated by the Junior League of Pittsburgh
- A designer profile featured on the League’s website
- Social media mentions on the League’s Facebook, Instagram and Twitter pages
- Two tickets to the Show House kickoff event on the evening of May 4, 2018, which will be attended by sponsors, vendors, designers, community leaders and prospective clients
Please plan to attend one of the Designer Room Selection Days at the Show House:
- Saturday, Dec. 2, 4-8 p.m.
- Saturday, Dec. 16, 2-6 p.m.
- Tuesday, Dec. 19, 1-4 p.m.
The Designers’ Show House Information Packet can be downloaded HERE.
If you are interested in participating in the Junior League of Pittsburgh’s 19th Designers’ Show House, please submit the following materials to Show House Design Committee Chair Rose Peck, Associate IIDA, LEED AP ID+C, at firstname.lastname@example.org by Jan. 8, 2018:
- A single PDF file of 6-12 images representative of your work
- A one-page biography including complete contact information and all relevant social media handles
- A list of your top 4-5 room choices. For each room, include a paragraph describing your vision: room use, general style, color, patterns, use of local and sustainable products and materials, etc.
The Junior League of Pittsburgh Show House Committee will select the designers. Preference will be given to designers who plan to incorporate sustainable ideas (e.g., reclaimed and locally sourced products) and themes in their designs.
Designers will be notified of the Junior League of Pittsburgh’s selections Thursday, Feb. 1, 2018.
For more information, contact Rose Peck at email@example.com.